November was an amazing month at Blackland Prairie Elementary. Check out just a few of the amazing things that happend:
- Mrs. Rollans and twelve teachers spent two days focusing on becoming Google Certified Teachers. It was wonderful spending time with the small groups and learning some new features about Google.
- A small group of fifth grade girls learned about stop motion animation and created a video introduction for our “Golden Spatula Award,” which recognizes classes who have excellent behavior in the cafeteria.
- Tiffany Pelzel, a kindergarten teacher, showcased how she uses Seesaw in her classroom during a 30 minute professional development session.
- Mrs. Neal’s second graders had a Google Hangout with a class in Canada and learned how similar and different life is in Canada. They can’t wait to have another hangout in the spring to find out how the weather is different there.
- The fifth grade Tech Leaders continued to make music videos showcasing our students during music and have started filming commercials for our lost and found. They are completely in charge of these projects.
- Our campus celebrated Digital Citizenship week. Teachers had deep conversations with their students about staying safe online, digital footprints, and the importance of having good manners when posting and responding to others online.
We are so proud of everything our students learned during November.